Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread House


The kids and I decorated this gingerbread house the other night while Brian went to the Cabela's store in St. Louis with some buddies. We had fun but the kids were impatient through parts of it while I put on the frosting. Mia broke the little candy snowman when she opened the package and cried for a bit. And Seth just kept asking when he could eat some of the candy. Funny how you try to create these Norman Rockwell moments with your kids, but it turns out more like the Griswolds! At least that's usually the case in our house!
All in all, I think the gingerbread house turned out pretty cute, though it looks nothing like the picture on the box! And I noticed today that we must have a little mouse in the house because some of the candy pieces are missing. I think it's a mouse by the name of Seth!

No comments: