Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3 Amigos & a Rocket Cake


We had Seth's birthday party this past Saturday. Though we had celebrated on his actual birthday, this was the day we invited his friends for a Buzz Lightyear party. We had 12 kids total plus a bunch of parents. My house, which normally seems fairly decent-sized, seemed to have shrunk. There were people on both levels and it still felt crowded at times. But we had alot of fun anyway. Thought I'd share photos of Seth & his 2 girlfriends and his cool cake (made by yours truly!).

Seth & his two girlfriends, Sophie & Marie. These three started daycare together when they were just a couple of months old and have been together ever since, even changing daycare centers at one point. Here they are illustrating "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".


Seth's cool rocket cake. I saw one like this on the internet and had to try it for myself. Since my 11x14" cake pan wouldn't feed too many people, I ordered an un-iced 1/2 sheet cake from Sam's (with icing on the side) and cut the cake in the shape of a rocket. Then I colored the whipped icing and spread it on the pieces. Top with a few M&M's and Hot Tamale candies, add an ice cream cone (we added licorice sticks right before the party to represent fire coming out of the cone), and you're good to go!

2 comments:

Julie Davison said...

Great job on the cake! I didn't realized you could get uniced cakes...

Anonymous said...

AWESOME cake- i didn't know u could order sam's cake that way!